Saturday 21 April 2007

Are you serious?!

Dad is impossible.

We were discussing on how to get to the stadium since Friday night.

When I was in the washroom, Dad says from behind the door.


Dad: Deng?
Me : Yeah?
Dad: I have a good idea.
Me : You're going to drive and we'll follow you?
Dad: You all will drive, I'll come along with you. When we're there, I'll take the car back and you can take the LRT home.

(He seemed very pleased with himself)

Me : *Groans inwardly*


The amount of.. er... freedom my dad gives me is very much appreciated. But I'm a girl! I don't want to take the LRT from Bukit Jalil all the way to PJ with my sister alone! Especially late at night.

You'd probably think I'm a freakin' princess. Maybe.. You see, Mum doesn't like us going to far away places alone, so she would drive us. It's been like this for along time now.

I think.

Anyhow, Mum would be arguing with Dad about how he seems so 'Zen' about his girls going home alone, or anywhere else for that matter.

I don't think she understands it at all. No one does except Dad himself.


2 comments:

Jason Lioh said...

He wants you to be independent? If thats the case, I would say its a good idea. However, considering the crime rate at KL and the fact that there's only two girls at night, then it wouldn't be a good idea.

Hmm...

Deng said...

Yeah, he does want us to be independent. But I'm afwaid, that's all.