Thursday 31 December 2009

Happy New Year Losers (Lub Hwey)

I was meaning to write something about something just a minute ago. Then Nicole messaged Hwey's phone. Then I forgot.

Happy new year. I think I just had half a glass of soapy water. You know how like sometimes the glass isn't rinsed thoroughly? Yeeeeah. And I kept drinking because I got too lazy to get myself a new glass.

I'm worried for my health.




Hey, folks. This is Hwey, commandeering this post for a bit while Deng is making herself smell better.

New Years huh? Think about the Mayans and their prediction of the world ending in 2012. The Mayans and subsequently, us, follow a Gregorian calendar. I would infer from that, that celebrating the new year every year would seem like the Mayan's way of celebrating life. "Oh joy, we've lived a wonderful year. We've accepted that the world will end in 2012 even if we're one more year closer to doom". So, if I push it some more, I could say that the yearly merry festivities are "compulsory" because the Mayan's were appreciating (what) life (they had left). Today (with 2012 debunked as bullshit), I ask, why do we celebrate new years (aside from using it as an excuse to party)? This is not supposed to be deep and thought provoking. Congratulations if you have something to celebrate for, if not, you need to evaluate your life's achievements.

Signing off.
(I should publish this before Deng gets back. She would kill me. But that just means I should totally do it right?)

No comments: